Location: Rock Quarry Road Family Medicine
Raleigh, NC 27610
DEPARTMENT: CENTRALIZED CUSTOMER SERVICES
(1) BI-LINGUAL POSITION AVAILABLE
(1) NON-BI-LINGUAL POSITION AVAILABLE
Primary purpose is to provide quality customer service to all internal and external customers through handling patient requests, inquiries, questions and complaints via telephone.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Answer Calls Professionally
· Good verbal and oral communication skills – fast and correct typing, ability to create grammatically correct notes with minimal spelling errors.
· Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances
· Ability to manage difficult patient situations, to respond promptly to the needs of the patient and solicit feedback to improve service
· Research required information using available resources
· Process all patient inquires, messages, and requests promptly, efficiently and in a professional manner, while practicing patient confidentiality
· Schedule patient appointments as set forth in the telephone protocols; schedule patients for multiple sites and handle all inbound and outbound calls for multiple sites
· Reschedule doctor’s appointments when needed; answer calls from the provider line and process information adequately and in a timely manner
· Obtain, verify, and input all information accurately; record detailed and accurate phone notes; and route messages to the appreciate clinical staff and/or Provider
· Identify and escalate priority issues
· Route calls to appropriate resource
· Follow up on customer calls where necessary
· Complete call logs
· Exhibit and maintain a working knowledge of telephone system and telephone protocol
· Work with the Clinical Services Department to promote ongoing performance improvement activities
· Participates in all safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency response team
· Perform other duties as assigned or become necessary by supervisor
Attendance and Punctuality
Communication (Verbal and Written)
Cooperation with Others
None at this time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
Customer service experience
Minimum high school diploma.
Minimum of 1-2 years related experience in a call center environment or as a receptionist or similar position in a private medical office.
Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Performance Management Systems.
Excellent work history with proven track record.
Excellent data entry skills—accuracy is very important.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to pass pre-employment drug test.
Professional, clean, neat appearance.
No convictions of serious crimes or felonies.
Must be willing to travel to other medical sites within Wake Health Services, Inc., to assist other facilities.
Ability to read and comprehend general instructions, correspondence, and memos.
Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information and speak before groups of employees and outside consultants and respond to questions/comments from the same.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS
Ability to work independently. Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
Ability to plan and organize workload. Ability to handle very detailed information.
Ability and flexibility to handle work pressure and work with interruptions.
Ability to meet work processes deadlines.
Ability to handle multiple priorities.
Ability to function as a team player.
Ability to effectively communicate with employees, patients, vendors, consultants, and auditors.
Willing to learn and accept responsibility.
Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with employees, patients and vendors.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Excellent oral, written, and listening skills.
Ability to secure information from inter-department personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally roll or move up to 50 pounds. The employee will work on a computer and simultaneously use the telephone more than 90% of the time and must have good hand/finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PLEASE APPLY TO THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=11081271
Wake Health Services participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants