Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports To: Director, Finance
FLSA Status: Full-time or Part-time, Exempt
Assists and works in partnership with the Finance Director and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in all aspects of financial tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Review & verify daily ACH bank deposits
Processes ADP Payroll in collaboration with the Human Resources Department and maintains payroll reports and reconciliations
Assists with all modules of the Great Plains Financial Account system
Analyze and reconcile the General Ledger account balances; preparation of reports for management and other users as necessary
Prepare transactions for entry into the Great Plains system
Maintain details of grants and preparation of required and necessary reports as requested
Collaborate with management and other staff with cash forecasting, site specific budgeting, grant proposals, and other projects, as required and necessary
Develop and maintain orderly and complete files, both physical and electronic, to ensure complete documentation of all financial processes
Works with Finance Department to develop, maintain, and implement financial policies and procedures that promote efficiency, control and quality of the Accounting process
Advises management on matters, such as effective use of resources and assumptions underlying budget forecast
Backup for other Wake Health finance staff
Prepare various journal entries as part of the month-end closing process
Assist in the reviewing and approving of various documents for processing and reviewing data entry for accuracy prior to posting
Works in conjunction with the Controller to produce related financial data as required or requested by the Board, funders, auditors and members of the management team
Maintain spreadsheets and creates new spreadsheets as required for budget and related analysis
Maintain effective communications with Wake Health Services, Inc. (Wake Health) staff
Strong Problem Solving and organization skills
Participates in all safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency response team
Perform other duties as assigned or become necessary by supervisor
• Problem Solving
• Effective Communication
• Initiative and Creativity
None at this time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Four year degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
• Five or more years related experience. Non-profit and/or grant accounting experience helpful.
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Performance Management Systems.
• Excellent work history with proven track record.
• Excellent data entry skills—accuracy is very important.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug test.
• Professional, clean, neat appearance.
• No convictions of serious crimes or felonies.
• Must be willing to travel to other medical sites within Wake Health Services, Inc., to assist other facilities.
APPLY BY VISITING https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6407331