Location: Rock Quarry Road Family Medicine
Raleigh, NC 27610
Under the supervision of the Practice Administrator/Call Center Manager, the Registered Nurse will apply professional nursing theory and render services consistent with the scope of practice for professional nurses within the State of North Carolina. The Registered Nurse will fulfill clinical and administrative functions as outlined in the essential duties and responsibilities of the job description.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following clinical and administrative areas:
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements, applies and follows approved protocols and standing orders
- Provides age appropriate nursing care
- Fulfills medical assistant duties as appropriate
- In coordination with a medical provider assesses, interprets and communicates lab results
- Performs case management functions and activities within the assigned practice site and for Wake Health Services population.
- Performs in person and telephonic triage services
- Documents services and care rendered consistent with Wake Health Services policies and procedures
- Administers and documents immunizations in accordance with North Carolina Immunization Registry (NCIR) and Vaccines for Children (VFC) program(s) and Wake Health Services policy
- Administers and documents the administration of medications
- Reviews and refills prescriptions medication requests in according with established protocols
- Responds to external provider inquires and address as appropriate
- Identifies and provides culturally sensitive and appropriate patient education in the areas of disease management and preventative health care
- Participates in daily huddles to proactively identify and meet the needs of the patients
- Assures timely documentation of assessments and interventions; uses appropriate CPT and ICD coding
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and provides day to day direction to clinical support staff of lesser licensure in collaboration with the supervisor
- Works with the supervisor to establish and maintain a safe and efficient work environment for patients and employees
- Demonstrates an understanding of the needs of the organization and supports the mission and values of Wake Health Services
- Working with the supervisor, identifies, communicates and participates in the resolution of clinical issues/concerns
- Manages the clinical inventory and ordering processes
- Serve as a site liaison and participates in organizational projects and committees
- Identifies and addresses barriers to optimal patient flow and quality patient care
- In collaboration with the supervisor, monitors and ensures compliance with infection control, OSHA, HIPAA and CLIA requirements
- Participates in the interview and selection of clinical support staff and other positions as identified by supervisor
- Assist supervisor with the development and delivery of clinical support staff performance assessments
- Assist supervisor with the collection of quality metrics, Uniform Data Systems (UDS) and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) reporting requirements
- Monitors, manages and disposes of expired medications and supplies
- Participates in and identifies outreach activities within the community; serves as a liaison for partnering organizations
- Collaborates with the supervisor to identify and coordinate the training, orientation and education of clinical support staff
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate degree or four year degree in Nursing Program; North Carolina license required
- Minimum 2 years experience in an outpatient setting or public health center required.
- Certified in Wound Care Management
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Performance Management Systems
- Excellent work history with proven track record.
- Excellent data entry skillsaccuracy is very important.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- Professional, clean, neat appearance
- No convictions of serious crimes or felonies
- Must be willing to travel to other medical sites within Wake Health Services, Inc., to assist other facilities
- Ability to read and comprehend general instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and speak before groups of employees and outside consultants and respond to questions/comments from the same
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS
- Ability to work independently. Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to plan and organize workload. Ability to handle very detailed information
- Ability and flexibility to handle work pressure and work with interruptions.
- Ability to meet work processes deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to function as a team player
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, patients, vendors, consultants, and auditors
- Willing to learn and accept responsibility
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with employees, patients and vendors
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Excellent oral, written, and listening skills.
- Ability to secure information from inter-department personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally roll or move up to 50 pounds. The employee will work on a computer and simultaneously use the telephone and must have good hand/finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=11039071